September 29, 2007

Where I live . . . .

Accommodations at WBS - here's the skinny

I live in a post graduate dorm called Lakeside (sounds elegant, but I assure you that there is no lake nearby). It is on the edge of campus, and only a 10 minute walk to class.

I arrived to a moldy bathroom, but the place is coming together - as good as a one bedroom can with limited resources!

There are 8 apartments in a flat and we 8 share a kitchen. We do have our own bathrooms which is very nice. It feels quite awful to be back in the dorms - I miss the luxuries of my condo!

One of the amusing things is the faucet set up in the bathroom. There is a hot and cold knob, but you can EITHER get one or the other. So washing my face in the morning is always interesting because I either get ice water or water that is much too hot. I have to mix the water to get a decent temperature. The faucets are like this in the kitchen as well. Oh, the little things we take for granted!

Photo 1 - Block 4 of Lakeside
Photo 2 & 3 - the shared kitchen
Photo 4 - the weird hot/cold pipes in my bathroom
Photo 5 & 6 - my messy bedroom and desk area





No comments: